From Eggdrop Wiki
Eggdrop 1.8 is the version of Eggdrop that's currently being developed. It's forked off Eggdrop1.6 and is mostly compatible.
Major features so far include:
- SSL/TLS support for server connections and botnet connections (within a 1.8 botnet), certificate validation, DCC CHAT over SSL aka SCHAT, and authentication with client certificate. SSL/TLS Documentation
- IPv6 support IPv6 Documentation
How to upgrade from Eggdrop1.6.*
You can keep your old configfile, but you should apply the changes we made to the default config (so you have an overview of the settings).
Differences to keep in mind include:
- The my-ip setting is gone and has been replaced by vhost4 and vhost6.
- Because of IPv6 addresses having ":" as valid character, the syntax for some commands where you specify addresses (.chaddr, .+bot) might have been changed, check .help <cmd> before using them.
- The default maximum handle length aka HANDLEN has been raised to 32, all bots on a botnet still need to have the same. Use ./configure --with-handlen=X to adjust.
Where to download it
You can obtain a nightly development snapshot or use CVS as usual from here.
3rd party modules
We prepared copies that should work with Eggdrop1.8 here but there's no guarantee they work. Gseen in particular is known to fail.
3rd party scripts